Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sweaty Sunday

Since Sunday is my long-run day for my half-marathon training, I hereby dub it "Sweaty Sunday." Which is a disgustingly accurate name.  I attempted to get a post-run photo to demonstrate my grossness, but I couldn't even manage to take the stinking picture because of the massive amount of sweat and sunblock pouring into my eyes.

Today was supposed to be a 7.5 mile run.  I found myself walking for about 20 seconds every couple of miles, and was disappointed in myself at first.  But then I decided to extend the mileage to make up for the short walks.  Instead I did just over 8.25 miles with a 10 minute cool-down walk.  

Then, I decided to stretch in this cute little butterfly garden.  


People probably thought I was fairly strange because I sat on the picnic table to stretch, but I was sweaty and gross and didn't feel like sitting on the ground and getting dirt stuck to my bum.  

Overall, I am satisfied with how it went.  I ran at an absurdly slow pace, but that seemed like a good idea considering my focus was on adding distance, not winning a race.  

Oh...and the iFitness Belt was awesomely helpful.  I refilled both of my 8oz bottles  4 times each.  I don't know how I would have survived without the water.

Update: Apparently I earned 2 blisters today. Worst prize ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment